Over the last couple of years every offering saw two shifts, first it had to have a Cloud flavour and second around social networking (that is another story); some termed this new euphoria as bubble 2.0 tinted by valuations achieved in recent IPOs. So everyone justified how this time it is different and why it is sustainable. Many large and small enterprise found efficiencies (at least short term), in moving field functions like sales and service, and collaboration on the move, to the Cloud.
- What happens if the SLA is not met ?
- Is my data as secure as it is in my current state ?
- Can I move off to another Cloud if I don’t like something ? How easy is the transition going to be ?
- As I upgrade internal systems, how do I ensure integration with the external systems does not break ?
- What recourse do I have if the Cloud Service Provider goes bust ? ...